Skip to main content

Gnocchi w/ Wine Reduction

Gnocchi is a great choice for a quick meal. I bought this package at the grocery store. It’s normally located in the dried pasta aisle. Gnocchi is great because it can be cooked in about 2-3 minutes. Topping it with cheese and salt and pepper is a great side dish to a piece of grilled chicken.

For this meal, I wanted a one bowl meal. I had browned some ground turkey earlier in the week. I used that, probably about 3/4 of a pound. I used a bag of frozen broccoli. The hardest part of this recipe was the wine reduction... and really it’s quite easy.

2 pkgs gnocchi - - cook to pkg instructions, drain and set aside
1 bag of frozen broccoli - - cook to pkg instructions
1 pound of ground meat

Wine sauce

2 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic (paste)

Cook garlic til is fragrant

Add 1 1/2 cups of white wine. Turn heat to a simmer.  Add 1 cup water. Sprinkle in herbs & spices. I used salt, pepper, parsley and red pepper flakes. (To taste)

While it’s reducing stir regularly.

Once the sauce has reduced by half, add 1-2 tablespoons of a soft herb/flavored cheese. I used Boursin. Combine sauce with gnocchi, broccoli & meat. Heat through and serve.

Top with Parmesan and serve with garlic toast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...