Skip to main content

Rodan & Fields - - full review

My friend Jenn reached out to me a while ago and wanted me to review Rodan and Fields. I have been interested in the skin care line for quite some time, but just had never jumped in. As I am approaching the later half of my 30s, it’s time to get serious about skin care. The reality is, I probably should have gotten serious about it a decade ago… But hindsight is 20/20. Before we go forward, I wasn't to be clear...I paid for this product.  I am in no way being compensated for my words or opinions.  All are my own.













The thing about Rodan and Fields, it’s not cheap. This works in my favor, because I am cheap so there was no way I was gonna waste this money. The price forced me to take it more seriously than  other skin care options I had tried. After about a week, I found the routine that worked for me. I put the scrub in the shower the night cream next to my bed. If I’m being honest, I probably only followed the regimen as directed about 50% of the time. I find myself taking showers and washing my face at odd hours. Whether it be yardwork or playing tennis, I often take showers during my youngest nap. This puts me in a quandary at 3 PM do I use the day cream and night cream???  Needless to say, after some experimenting and tweaking I found what works for me. I probably only use the scrub/face face wash once a day but I am trying to be very deliberate about the creams.

I have very watery eyes, so I use waterproof mascara. I found that I had to use a  foaming gentle face wash to get my mascara off as opposed to the scrub exclusively. I also like the idea of double cleansing the sweat and make up off at the end of the day.


I continue to be impressed at how long these products last. I am eight weeks plus in to my products and still have plenty to spare. I’m looking forward to train more Rodan and Fields. I especially want to try the roller and serum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...