Skip to main content

Must Have Monday - - sport suncreen

Many of you know I started playing Tennis. I realized really quickly that my daily  under make-up sunscreen wasn’t going to cut it. It’s hot in Augusta and when you are playing tennis for an hour + in 95 degree weather... sweat is a serious problem. The first couple of times I played,  sweat and sunscreen just dripped off my face and often into my eyes... burning and making it difficult to see.

So I knew I have to get something with  a little more aggressive spf and something designed for sweat. I researched and looked on amazon. I landed on a few different products to try. The two winners of the bunch are these.


The neutrogena sport is oil free and designed not to sweat off. It is also spf 70. I have been happy with the coverage and protection so far. I like that it isn’t greasy and feels nice on my skin. A little goes a long way. I use it on my face, ears, chest and neck.

The second product was completely new to me. I hadn’t heard of a product like this. I have heard great things about this brand, but hadn’t tried it. This is a Supergoop product is a finish spray with SPF 50.  This is perfect for on top of make-up at a ball game, beach, tailgate or pool. If you are a person that likes to wear make-up while working out this is a perfect addition to your routine. I have used it a couple of times. It has a light fine mist and is easy to use right on top of your normal face routine.

I ordered both on Amazon, but I’m sure you could find it locally as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...