Skip to main content

Monday Must Have - Organizing Products from Amazon

The next three weeks, I’m going to be focusing all of my posts on back to school efforts. Today is all about a couple of organization products I have picked up over the past couple of weeks.  If you have been inside my house lately....you know I need all the organization help I can get!

One of the things that I always do is re-organize my kids closets. This summer I’ve got a step further. If you follow me on IG, you know that we’re in a big room transition right now. Our oldest daughter turned 10 the spring, and it is time for her to have her own room. She has previously shared a room with our seven-year-old daughter. We moved our seven-year-old in with her little sister, allowing our oldest to have her own room. This means there has been a need for organization on all fronts.

Moving our middle daughter into the littlest’s room, the closet storage situation was the most critical. Specifically shoes. I hunted and hunted on Amazon to find the perfect solution.


 I wanted something that would grow as her feet and shoes get bigger. So far we’ve been really happy with the choice. It keeps the shoes off the floor and is easy for her to put away.



The second item, I recently picked up during the prime sale. I had seen a lot of bloggers and IG influencers talk about this make up case. I even put it on my Mother’s Day gift guide. For prime day it went on sale, so I had to pick it up. I love it. It has movable sections to personally customize what you need. Head on over to my IG stories to see An example of how great it is. 

Prior to this my make up was a mess, in several different bags in several different drawers. This allows me to have what I use on a regular basis all in one place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...