Skip to main content

Instant Pot French Dip Sandwiches

Instant Pot French Dip





Ingredients:

1 beef roast (size dependent on your crowd)
2-2 1/2 cups red wine
2- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
1/2 sweet onion coarsely chopped
Worcestershire Sauce
Butter
Garlic paste
Salt & Pepper
Parsley


First, you want to sear the outside of your roast. Mine was big so I had to cut it into two portions and sear it in stages. Get out all your ingredients, set your IP on sauté Hot. While it warms up, trim up your roast. I prefer to get extra fat off the roast. Put a couple of table spoons of butter in the IP. Salt and pepper your roast and put it in. The goal is just to get it browned on all sides.




Once browned, take it out and set on a plate (you want to collect juices). Add a little more butter and sauté onions. After 3-4 minutes, turn your IP off. Put roast back in. Sprinkle in a tablespoon of parsley and 2 cloves of crushed garlic. Pour red wine  (I used a wine we had opened for a get together and didn't finish) and beef broth and a couple of shakes of Worcestershire sauce. I added a few cranks of fresh ground salt and 4-5 cranks of freshly ground pepper. Seal up and set to meat/stew setting for 70-80 minutes depending on the size of your roast.

Let the steam release naturally for 10-15 minutes then force release. When the steam has been released, open the lid. Carefully removed the roast onto a dish or bowl. It will be fall apart tender. At this point I use a slotted spoon to remove the onion pieces and discard. Shred the roast and place back into the IP. Use the keep warm function until you are ready to serve.


I bought hoagie rolls from the store. I split them and lightly toasted them. I slathered them in melted garlic butter. After they were toasted, I loaded up the beef and topped with sliced provolone cheese. Put back in the over just until the cheese is melty.



Serve up the au jous (cooking broth) in a shallow bowl on the side of the plate so you can dip your sandwich and crusty bread in it.


Enjoy!



Side note!

We had a lot of extra leftover meat. It was great for on top of a salad or in a burrito!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...