Skip to main content

Buy travel size

A while back on the blog, I talked about how I buy travel size toothpaste for my kids. That is not the only thing I buy in travel sizet. With so many hair products on the market now, I find it difficult to decide what’s right for me. I love trying new products. I love hearing blogger reviews on IG or influencer recommendations… But sometimes it’s difficult to know if you’ll get great results with a new product.

There is nothing I hate more than buying a full-size and it just doesn’t work for you! I either end up giving it away or throwing it out. I decided a while back and I’m done buying regular sized products  unless I absolutely love it. I buy travel size. I Like doing this for a number of reasons.... I think my hair is better when I switch things up regularly, I waste less and overall I spend less.

Full sized products I buy, morracan oil and Sebastian hairspray. Everything else is travel size.

Because I have very thick &  long hair, I really only wash my hair twice a week. That means most of the time the products I use regularly are things like  dry shampoo, texturizer and hairspray. Things like serum or a blowout cream last a long time for me. Travel size are perfect! When I’m in the market for these kinds of products I love to cruise the aisle of Ulta. Ulta has a great selection of smaller size and travel friendly hair products.

Amazon is also a great place to find travel size products.

I have been loving Dry Bar brand travel set. I have bought it two or three times over the past 2 years. It comes with shampoo & conditioner as well as styling products. I almost always buy it for an upcoming trip and then continue to use the styling products at home even after I use up the shampoo & conditioner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...