Skip to main content

Why you need thermoses for your kids lunches!

We love using the thermos for my kids lunches. First of all my kids love leftovers. So for us it’s a win win... we use up food and my kids get a delicious healthy lunch that they’ll actually eat! A thermos is not for just soups, it’s really for any food you want to keep warm. Just follow this simple method!

The key is a high quality lunch box friendly thermos. Amazon. Amazon. Target.We have one Thermos brand and one Sub Zero. I like both equally. If you can find one that is top rack dishwasher friendly, that’s a big mom win!

Step 1: Boil water on the stove top
Step 2: Once the water is to a roaring boil. Pour into thermos and seal.
Step 3: Heat up food to put in Thermos
Step 4: once food is hot, pour boiling water out.
Step 5: put hot food in hot thermos (if you are adding some non-liquid, you might dry it out with a paper towel)
Step 6: tight and seal up the thermos





Some things that we put in our thermos; soups, of course. Spaghetti or any pasta, Mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, rice & quinoa blend, scrambled eggs & sausage, leftover cheeseburger patty (no bun). Left over veggie stir fry.  This is just the tip of the iceberg. Really the sky is the limit.

My oldest isn’t a big sandwich person. So thermos days are her favorite. Truthfully they are my favorite too. I feel great about sending her a lunch she’ll love and not waste.




Comments

  1. I didn’t find the subzero brand lunch thermos’ to be especially good at keeping food hot for very long. I bought A set of two. The large one does a better job, but if i want my coffee hot all day i have to rubber-band a towel around it. The smaller one hardly kept the coffee warm til lunch. Still looking for the ideal thermos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...