Skip to main content

Monday Must Have - - Birkenstocks

I was definitely on the fence. I had a misconception about Birkenstock’s from when they were popular in the 90’s. I’m definitely not grungy enough to fit the profile of old. But last year, my very stylish friend says she swears by them.  This friend is more stylish, in fashion and southern than I could ever hope to be. She is always put together and is #goals !!! So, I jumped in!

I ordered the patent white Arizona’s about a year ago, I LOVE them. I wear them all the time. I went through my pictures from the last year looking for times I wore these gems. Unfortunately, this activity led to the realization that our full length photos are few and far between. 😂


I’m to the age (ahem) that doing housework barefoot has started hurting my feet. So I literally wear these ALL year. If you have any kind of foot, back or joint issue, these are so supportive beneficial for many reasons.



 They are great for travel, they slip on... but stay on. They are cute with white skinnies, cut-offs and sun dresses. They are my go to especially in the Spring and Summer. I live in Georgia, so they are pretty much in season 11 months out of the year.




They are an investment, but they have lasted so well and still have lots of wear left!

If you are on the fence, Birkenstock.com has a very friendly shipping and return policy. The variety of colors and finishes goes far beyond the grungy brown of its past popular seasons. The patents give a more polished look... the metallics 😍. I’m leaning towards the rose gold this year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...