Skip to main content

Keratin Treatment

My name is Libby, and I have crazy hair.

It is crazy long, crazy thick and crazy texture.  So basically it is unruly and at times difficult to deal with.  My hair has lots on natural curl and wave, but it is not uniform.  My hair grows in curlier when I am pregnant.   It's not the kind of curl that you can wear in it's natural state. So I spend a lot of time curling and straightening

Here is a picture of my natural hair.  This is right after Barre with my best girlfriend and barre instructor.  Please excuse our sweaty make-up free faces... but you get the idea...curly and coarse in my hair game.




  About 2 year ago my friend told me that she regularly got a keratin treatment on her hair.  Keratin is a naturally occurring protein in your hair.  This process adds keratin back into your hair and heat seals it.  Making my hair appear and feel smoother, less frizzy.  For me, it cuts my drying time down significantly.  It allows me to go longer between washes and hair cuts by keeping my hair healthy despite frequent heat treatment.  Unlike other treatments, this is not permanent. It washes away over time without leaving a significant grow out line.  This is a time intensive and more expensive than normal appointment for me....but oh so worth it.
Here is a picture of my hair post keratin and done

I try and get it done about 2 times a year.  I don't get it done too close to summer, salt and chlorine are not great in the upkeep.

Here is a picture of me in the middle of the process.  Gorgeous right?



It is important to use Sulfate free hair care products.  Reading labels is so important, lots of things appear to fit the"free" bill...but you start reading the fine print and they are not keratin friendly.  The better post-treatment products you use the better your results will be.

This process makes such difference in my overall hair appearance.  It allows me to keep my hair long, because it protects my hair from lots of split ends and damage. It lessens the amount of time I spend daily on actually doing my hair.
Smooth hair with less fly aways and frizz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...