Skip to main content

Fun Craft Project - - kids art

My 2 year old is obsessed with painting and all things arts & crafts. I realized just how extreme her love is when she threw a colossal fit when it was time to leave our local pottery painting place.


So, needless to say I use this to my advantage. If I need to get dinner ready or work on a project in the kitchen… I pull out the watercolors. Watercolors are perfect, although a bit messy, I don’t have to worry about a ton of clean up or stained clothes. As far as supplies, I bought general paint paper from Michaels.  We have had a few sets of watercolors for sometime, I'm guessing these are from way-Mart or Target. Brushes are from a variety pack from one of the local craft stores.


Now, the problem is what do I do with all this precious two year old artwork. I remember seeing something on Pinterest and thought that it would make a great gift for grandmas and other relatives. Grandma, if you are reading this...stop here and move on...do not read the rest of this post!!!

 I have been collecting all of these masterpieces and they’ve been sitting in a huge pile on my sideboard. A recent trip to Hobby lobby to get supplies and I am halfway to my goal of making a cute gift and preserving this artwork. Aside from the kids masterpieces, you need scrapbook card stock, a large shape punch (I chose circle), scrapbook gluestick and a frame.



Here is the punch I used.  I happened into Hobby Lobby on the week that these were on sale.  But if they are not, I would definitely recommend using the Hobby Lobby app and grab a 40% off coupon.  
Next, I punched lots of circles.  I plan on making 3 of these beauties, I need 16 circles per project so that means 48 circles total.  Lots of punching.  I used a craft glue stick to attach the circles to the scrapbook card stock.  
Most of the time when the littlest artist at my house is painting the older girls join in too.  So, I used pieces of all of their work and included it all in the finished pieces.



I found frames at Michaels in a 2 pack.  They were $15 for two, making them very reasonable.


The finished projects are pretty cute, and a precious way to preserve this sweet time of my art obsessed 2 year old! I am looking forward to hanging one in our kid art spot in our rec room and gift the other two to both grandma/s.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...