Skip to main content

Laundry Stain Removal

So, recently a friend of mine asked me to get a stain out of her  shirt for her. That got me thinking, gosh, do I do something that other people don’t. So here’s my blog post on stain removal. Glamorous and sexy it is not.

If you are like me, and have kids it is a necessity. The amount of time I’ve been doing laundry is kind of outrageous , but I have three kids and a husband and all of them like to wear clean clothes every day. Laundry is a necessary task, so we might as well all have a few tricks up our sleeve.

For pretreating,  I use your everyday average stain treatment products. Shout, oxyclean etc. What I’m talking about today are tough, dried in stains. This treatment works great for ground in grass or mud, armpits stains... but especially anything oily or greasy.  I must give credit where credit is due, I learned about this product from my mother in law years ago and have been using it ever since!

Fels-Naptha! It is a bar of laundry soap. I buy mine at my local Wal-Mart neighborhood market. It is cheap... under $2. You can also order it on Amazon. It lasts forever, so you definitely don’t need more than one bar.

Here’s how I use it!


I have mine in a small plastic container because when I am getting ready to use it I add water to get it sudsy. I use an old baby toothbrush. It’s soft and easy on fabrics.  I wet the spots where the stains are, scrub the brush along the soap and get to work. I like to scrub and then let it set for a few minutes before washing it. 

I’ve had this bar of Fels-Naptha since we moved in this house... 2 1/2 years ago. A little goes a long way and it lasts forever. You can use the bar right on the fabric, but I like the brush to really get the fibers clean! Now you know my secret! Stubborn stains be gone. Laundry is definitely a work of the heart.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Everyday Shoes

Favorite Kicks I bought these shoes about a year & a half. I LOVE them. I stalked these shoes at my local DSW, I looked up outfits for these shoes on Pinterest. I did my due diligence.  Needless to say, I have already gotten my money worth and they are still kicking! I bought mine at my local Store. You can find them online HERE . These are Dr. Sholl’s brand. They have memory foam and are terrific for walking all day. Not to mention, they are a pretty reasonable price point, especially when you consider how often I wear them! I wear them with jeans, leggings and shorts. I’ve even paired them with the occasional relaxed dress. What I love most about them is that they are as comfortable as my running shoes, but they take it up a knotch with fashion & style.

Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup is an absolute classic.   Homemade tomato soup is  delicious and so easy, it also happens to be one of my family’s favorites. It’s easy to make on the stove top. A good heavy bottom pot, wooden spoon & immersion blender or regular blender. Ingredients: 1 medium onion 3-4 stalks of celery 6-7 carrots 1-2 tablespoons of butter Salt Pepper 1 tsp dried parsley 1 tsp dried basil 2 large cans or tomatoes  1 carton on chicken stock 1/2 cup Parmesan  Milk    or half & half  In a large pot, melt butter on medium high heat. Add large chunks of onion. Let get translucent or just a little browned. Then add celery and carrots. Large chunks is fin because this whole soup will get blended down. Season throughout cooking process. Stir regularly.  As veggies begin to soften add tomatoes. Stir well, put lid on and lower to medium/low heat. Let come to a boil stirring occasionally to avoid scalding...

Motherhood

Motherhood has the unique ability to expose our deepest weaknesses as well as highlight personal substance you never knew was there. In the trenches of the days of no sleep, spit up covered shirts and endless dirty diapers you discover the deepest part of who you are. One thing I have learned in the last almost 10 years of motherhood, is that knowing who I am is vital to my success. As Americans, I see great fear in understanding one’s own weaknesses. I know the opposite to be true. I see strength in your own full self discovery. We see women that look a certain way and are wearing certain things and we think that we have to imitate that to establish our identity. I see women everyday who are stretched to the brink, trying to do it all. As mothers, it’s important to relay to our children that weaknesses are a part of who we are, we are not defined by those rather we are defined by our strengths. When we truly know who we are, we can feel more comfortable making choices t...